Wednesday 15 April 2015

Colleen Caitin - "Leeway"

Hey! I got a chance to ask Colleen Caitin some questions. She is the author of "Leeway", the book which I recently reviewed.

1) What inspired you to write "Leeway"?
I always loved fairytales and when I started to watch the ABC series Once upon a time, I was so fascinated by all the new tells of the stories that I started to write some ideas down which later on turned into Leeway.
2) What made you want to start your writing career?
I love everything about books and for me, writing is a way to deal with my feelings and emotions and writing everything down and turning it into a story helps me figuring some stuff out and I hope it can do the same for my readers. And I couldn't imagine anything better.
3) What did you learn from writing books?
I have a hard time showing my emotions, so writing helps a great deal with that. I also learned that there is always more than one perspective on everything, depending on a situation and a person and that there isn't necessarily only one right way in life.
4) What would your reaction be if you were in Mila's situation?
Well, to be honest there is a lot of myself in Mila and the book is extremely personal, so it's safe to say that a lot of her reactions are what I hope I would do in a situation like that, especially at the end. I probably wouldn't be as bitchy as she is in the beginning, because I'm addicted to harmony and pretty sweet-tempered, so I would probably do my best to fit in without making any trouble, but I hope that I would have the same courage as Mila does when it comes to the end.
5) What are you working on now? What is your next project?
Currently, I'm pretty stressed out with university and work, so I don't have a lot of time to write. But I do work on the follow up to Leeway where I try to discover a bit more of Lian's and Mila's backstory and parallel to that, I also work on something completely new. I don't have a lot of details yet, but it's going more in the fantasy direction, also discovering other life-forms apart from human beings. There is a short sneak peek available on my website should you be interested.

Don't forget to read the review of "Leeway" here!

No comments:

Post a Comment