Thursday 26 March 2015

The Reckoning (Darkest Powers #3) by Kelley Armstrong

Book Blurb (From Goodreads) 
Chloe Saunders is fifteen and would love to be normal. Unfortunately, Chloe happens to be a genetically engineered necromancer who can raise the dead without even trying. She and her equally gifted (or should that be 'cursed'?) friends are now running for their lives from the evil corporation that created them.

As if that's not enough, Chloe is struggling with her feelings for Simon, a sweet-tempered sorcerer, and his brother Derek, a not so sweet-tempered werewolf. And she has a horrible feeling she's leaning towards the werewolf...

Definitely not normal.
 






My Review: 
Like the second book I had this one up and waiting for me on my bedside again for when I finished the second one. Out of the three I would say that this one is the best just because of the plot and all of the new characters. 
The plot in this book was once again fast paced and full of all of these little twists and turns and some big surprises. Surprises that will make you gasp. One thing that is evident in this book is that romance finally gets to play a role in it. This had me worried when I read the blurb and it had my thinking if the romance takes center stage at any part of this book I swear to god I will through a fit. Luckily it did not come to that, the romance was nicely done and sweet and thankfully took a nice comfy seat at the back. 
Chloe who had come to full terms with her powers in the last book was completely awesome in this book accidentally raising cemeteries because someone (I'm not going to say who) was being a complete b!*@& and A$$^#*@. Derek continued to soften up around Chloe and Tori which is a big step for him since at the beginning there was not a word to describe how frustrating and annoying he was (making him my favourite character). 
All in all I give this book 5 out of 5 stars. 

2 comments:

  1. I've seen these books around Goodreads and I think I put the first one on my TBR long ago, but I can't remember when. I think I might just try them, if you like them so much! I trust your review! :D

    By the way, I nominated you two for the Versatile Blogger Award! I thought you deserved it since you guys are so awesome! Thank you for being you! :)

    Here is my post: http://booksoffascination.blogspot.com/2015/03/versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete