Saturday 20 December 2014

The Son of Neptune (Heroes of Olympus #2) by Rick Riordan

Book Blurb (from Goodreads):
ONE CURSED DEMIGOD. 
TWO NEW HEROES.A QUEST TO UNLEASH THE GOD OF DEATH..... 
Percy Jackson, son of Poseidon, God of the Sea, has woken from a very deep sleep and come face to face with two snake-haired ladies who refuse to die.
But they're the least of his problems. Because Percy finds himself at a camp for half-bloods, which doesn't ring any bells for him. There's just one name he remembers from his past. Annabeth.
Only one thing is certain--Percy's questing days aren't over. He and fellow demigods Frank and Hazel must face the most important quest of all: The Prophecy of Seven. If they fail, it's not just their camp at risk. Percy's old life, the gods and the entire world might be destroyed.....



My Review
As soon as I finished the previous book, I hurried to get started on this book because finally, we get to meet our all-time favourite hero again, Percy Jackson!
In this book we get to join Percy on an adventure to save the Roman camp called Camp Jupiter and his new friends while battling memory loss. Percy doesn't remember anything except the name Annabeth. How sweet is that? Of course Percy also found some new friends called Hazel and Frank and the story is told out of all three perspectives.
The characters were very interesting and all of them had some sense of humour (some more than others) and most importantly, Hazel and Frank had some secrets that took some time to find out. Percy was as awesome as always and managed to deal with the memory loss pretty well. His perspective is always told in a snarky, sarcastic kind of way (just the way we like it). We also get to meet some important gods and in this book you can really sense the difference between the Roman and the Greek gods. My favourite  god was definitely Terminus, Roman god of boundaries. He is hilarious because he always gets so mad when demigods break the rules and he wants everything to be perfect.
This time I didn't feel like the story progressed without me knowing, like in the first book. Instead I already got used to the idea of Roman gods and just rolled with it. I must admit that I was pretty confused with the Roman Camp layout and the rules. I didn't understand stuff Like the Fifth Cohort or the daily routine of Camp Jupiter but I did get used to it after the book started explaining it in some more detail.
Overall, I was really happy that Percy was back and I don't have any real complaints about this book so I am giving it 5 out of 5 stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment