Sunday 3 May 2015

Drowned Wednesday (The Keys to the Kingdom #3) by Garth Nix

Book Blurb (from Goodreads):
Everyone is after Arthur Penhaligon. Strange pirates. Shadowy creatures. And Drowned Wednesday, whose gluttony threatens both her world and Arthur's.

With his unlimited imagination and thrilling storytelling, Garth Nix has created a character and a world that become even more compelling with each book. As Arthur gets closer to the heart of his quest, the suspense and mystery grow more and more intense...









My Review
I really love and recommend this series to you if you haven't tried it yet.
This series is amazing. While reading this I thought that it would be so cool if the House were a real thing and I want to meet all the characters, all the Times, the Morrow Days and all of the Denizens. That would have been the best day of my life, but oh well. Anyways, I'm sidetracking. The book is taking place directly after the second book ended. Arthur has a broken leg and is waiting for Lady Wednesday to pick him up for a luncheon, since she arranged transportation to pick him up and transfer Arthur to the Border Sea, where Drowned Wednesday rules. Now he is in the House with a broken leg and trying to find the Third Part of the Will.
This time the plot of the book is different from the previous two books. We are introduced to the Border Sea, a new demesne of the House with Denizens Made especially for sailing. Arthur has to meet new challenges and face new enemies. Since Leaf visited Arthur while he was being transported into the House, Leaf caught a ride to the Border Sea as well and they both get separated from each other. Arthur gets taken aboard a ship by some friendly Scavengers and discovers more about his enemy, Pirate Feverfew, and about Drowned Wednesday and why she is "drowned". The characters in this book always take risks and try to find the solution to the problems and sometimes things don't go according to plan. Which is fine! There is also a lot of action, near-death experiences and fighting.
I love all of the characters. You know the feeling when you are reading a book and all the characters are so awesome that you cannot decide which one your favourite character is. All of them have qualities that make them likable. So, in this book I don't have a favourite character, although I of course like Arthur. I was surprised by Suzy at first, but then I understood why.
This book always gave me a feeling of excitement and this is just that type of book, where you cannot stop reading. This book did not drag at all. I fully recommend this book to fantasy-lovers and adventurers. I give this book 5 out of 5 stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment