Saturday 18 October 2014

The Archon (The Oracle Prophecies #2) by Catherine Fisher

Book Blurb (from Goodreads):
The Archon vows to lead a pilgrimage to the Well of Songs to seek peace with the Rain Queen and save the land from the terrible drought. Argelin follows behind with his heart set on the riches to be found. They must face the Great Desolation and the monstrous animals outlined on the desert floor, animals with mythical powers.











My Review
I found that this book was quite good, I wasn't as confused as in the first book. Again, it had a lot of mythology and mysterious stuff was going on, which was mainly the thing making this book a bit confusing. The actions of the characters are also kind of misty, you are never sure if they actually did something. Otherwise I think that the plot was good, the Jackal is still my favourite character. There was a lot of character building, you find out more about his past, his real name and that he suffers from nightmares about his past and the dead which he robs for jewels and gold. Sadly, Mirany didn't participate in the action as much even though there were some major developments. 
This book was pretty good, even though it didn't capture me as some books do, but I will be looking out for the sequel. I give this book 4 out of 5 stars!


No comments:

Post a Comment