Thursday 12 February 2015

The Ruby Circle (Bloodlines 6#) by Richelle Mead

8709528The epic conclusion to Richelle Mead's New York Times bestselling Bloodlines series is finally here...

Sydney Sage is an Alchemist, one of a group of humans who dabble in magic and serve to bridge the worlds of humans and vampires. They protect vampire secrets—and human lives.

After their secret romance is exposed, Sydney and Adrian find themselves facing the wrath of both the Alchemists and the Moroi in this electrifying conclusion to Richelle Mead’s New York Times bestselling Bloodlines series. When the life of someone they both love is put on the line, Sydney risks everything to hunt down a deadly former nemesis. Meanwhile, Adrian becomes enmeshed in a puzzle that could hold the key to a shocking secret about spirit magic, a secret that could shake the entire Moroi world.



My Review:
Imagine my surprise when I see this in my local bookstore 10 DAYS EARLY. As you can imagine it involved a lot of giggling, smiling and happiness. Lots and lots of happiness. After 10 minutes of texting Angelina and her calming me down I went to buy the book and then I just sat there, in the middle of the floor, reading. It did not disappoint (in most aspects). 
The plot of this book was not as intense as Silver Shadows but was just as exciting. Jill was taken and Lissa might lose her throne and Adrian and Sydney are married and there is a whole lot more in this plot which complicates things to the tenth degree which I can not talk about since I would be diving into the world of spoilers. This book was a page turner from start to finish and I found myself secretly reading past my bedtime (Sorry mum and dad!), and giving the book to Angelina during class so I paid attention to what was being said. My only complaint is that I was hoping for a more climatic scene at the end, if you read the book you will know what I am talking about. I felt kind of let down. However the twists and turns in this book and the accusations of who took Jill as the book plays out and the mystery is starting to get solved had my saying: "Really? Them again? I thought that we dealt with them books ago! Why can't anyone stay dead? The epilogue really does kill you mentally, be careful when you read it. It is complete perfection.  
Sydney is one of the coolest characters I 'know' to date. At the beginning of the series she was so easily controlled and followed the alchemists so blindly and disliked Mori, and now look and her! She is a bad-ass magic wielding, book reading Mrs Ivashkov. If that isn't some serious character development then please tell me what is.  She was always trying to convince Adrian to cut down on Spirit and I get where she is coming from but I think that sometimes she needed to step back and realize that Adrian knew what he was doing. That brings us nicely over to analyzing Adrian's character in this book. Where in the world did he learn to use spirit like that in this book? There was some major spirit wielding with some new things that we did not know he could do before. Can Lissa also do these things? Or does Adrian need to give her a little Spirit 101 class. Adrian's and Sydney's relationship was as cute as ever and I really do ship them. 
My final verdict on this book would be 5 stars because this series truly does get better as it goes along and if you haven't read Bloodlines yet or Vampire academy please do so. Very quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment