Friday 12 December 2014

Wicked Lovely (Wicked Lovely #1) by Melissa Marr

305234Rule #3: Don't stare at invisible faeries.
Aislinn has always seen faeries. Powerful and dangerous, they walk hidden in the mortal world. Aislinn fears their cruelty - especially if they learn of her Sight - and wishes she were as blind to their presence as other teens.

Rule #2: Don't speak to invisible faeries.
Now faeries are stalking her. One of them, Keenan, who is equal parts terrifying and alluring, is trying to talk to her, asking questions Aislinn is afraid to answer.

Rule #1: Don't ever attract their attention.
But it's too late. Keenan is the Summer King, who has sought his queen for nine centuries. Without her, summer itself will perish. He is determined that Aislinn will become the Summer Queen at any cost — regardless of her plans or desires.

Suddenly none of the rules that have kept Aislinn safe are working anymore, and everything is on the line: her freedom; her best friend, Seth; her life; everything.

My Review: 
I am not sure why, but I put of writing my review for this book. I think that this is because I did not know if I liked/loved/disliked/hated the book. I know that I did not like the beginning but I liked the middle and the end. I also felt strongly for some characters but others I just did not care for about. 
The plot in this book was quick paced. However because of this I felt like a lot of information was being dumped on me all at once. We were being introduced to the world of Fae. I did not know anything about this world (because I assume that Melissa Marr made it up) and would of preferred getting information slowly instead of all at once. I think that important information, which could of caused suspense and suspicion, could of been held back until a bit later was given to me too soon. On the other hand, I did get that feeling of adrenaline in the last couple scenes which was exciting for me. Through out the book though, I did have to re-read multiple pages to understand what was going on. This was for two reasons. 1. The book was not grabbing my attention at that point of time. 2. I was just not paying attention to what I was reading and was missing out whole paragraphs (this of course, was my own fault.)
I am not sure if I liked Aislinn or not. There was something missing from her character. She was there but she was not there, if you know what I mean. When she was feeling something, I did not feel it with her which is what should happen if a character is written well. However she did have her moments where I found her entertaining and exciting to watch. Seth was my least favourite character. Again there was something missing. I found that he was a little bit too accepting of all of the crazy information he was giving throughout the story. I think that he accepted the world of Fae straight away which annoyed me. It was kind of like: AislinnHey Seth fairies are real and I can see them. You okay with that? Seth: Yep awesome, looks like fairies are real!  -Obviously not a direct quote but that is how it looked like in my head. Again, however I did like how he treated Aislinn and their romance together. That was cute. Keenan was the character which in my opinion showed the most emotion, he showed his vulnerable side, caring side and strong sides throughout the books which made him feel like on of the most real characters in the book but he was not my favourite. My favourtite character is Donia purely because she was the most relatable out of all of the characters. She stayed strong throughout the book and I think that she forged a strong friendship with Aislinn at the end. I am happy with where she ended up at the end of the book.
All in all I think that I give this book 3 out of 5 stars. 

No comments:

Post a Comment